Saturday, January 14, 2012

Again, I want to install a lift kit on my 04 jeep rubicon. Also some new wheels and tires. Any Ideas?

I do a little off-roading, but also use the freeway frequently. At a local shop the install a ROUGH COUNTRY 4'' suspension for about $800.00. Is this a good deal? Is it worth the $? Also I wanted to get some wheels 16x8.5 and fit some 33's. Would I have ANY problems overall. I have dana 44s on front and rear. I am even considering going to 6'' lift. Any ideas?Again, I want to install a lift kit on my 04 jeep rubicon. Also some new wheels and tires. Any Ideas?
Get yourself an OME 2.5 lift, with a 1 inch spring spacer and a 1 in Daystar body lift. This will give you the best overall highway ride and articulation for off-roading.



Don't do out and build yourself a "look at me" Jeep. Build one that will gain you respect amongst other Jeep owners. Do your research. know the product before you buy it. Thats what I and my friends do.
You don't need a 6" lift for 33" tires. Check with the local Jeep or 4x4 club and ask questions about lift kits. You can probably run 33'' tires with a 1" spacer lift.Again, I want to install a lift kit on my 04 jeep rubicon. Also some new wheels and tires. Any Ideas?
skyjacker softride 4" lift. My 2000 wrangler runs great with that. You might Want to get a 4:10 gear ratio. My seems to lose a little bit at the start moving 33's. Run with goodyaer all terains if its your eveyday vehicle other wise go with goodyear mtr's.
wait until your warranty is out before you alter the geometry of the suspension and toast it.Again, I want to install a lift kit on my 04 jeep rubicon. Also some new wheels and tires. Any Ideas?
Just go with spacers. You don't need much to run 33's, one or two inches will do. Your ride won't change. I recommend BFG AT's. They are good on the freeway and just fine for light wheeling. I use them myself. You should consider some protection for underneath. Suggest rock sliders, oil pan and fuel tank protection.
Wait till your out of warenty and save up for the lift you really want (but don't realize it yet).



For the lift kit stick with a long arm kit and stay away from short arm kits and body lifts. You will foul up the drivetrain geometry ruin your on street performance and start busting stuff off road. You will spend more money and be broke down alot than doing it right.



Do youself a favor and look at Nth Degree mobility. The guy that designed the kits (and owns the company) worked on the TJ suspension design team. Their products actualy IMPROVE onroad handeling.



You will be looking at a 4" lift to fit 33's and 6" to swing 35" without rubbing.



The rough country for $800 sounds like a bad idea - If you start trading out components you take the jeep out of balance. The engineers spent a lot of time on designing a system. If you want more lift than they designed you have a lot of work to do to put things right.



I just put a Nth degree 6" long arm under my 98 TJ. Lift kit, new shocks, upgrade the steering bars, change out the gears (front and rear diffarentials), Rear drive shaft - new wheels and tires. You could easely spend $8,000.00 to keep your rig in balance and go to 33" or 35" rubber. If you like your jeep save up the cash to do it right - you will be happier and it will cost less than starting down the road your considering.
I've got 2" suspension and 1.5" body lift on my '99 TJ and am running 33s with no problem (however I only do mild-to-medium wheeling - I still have the stock axles and open diffs). The plus side is that I didn't have to adjust the drive line angle or do any sort of long arm kit on it - just had to put motor mounts on.



If you get a 4" or 6" lift then you have to start adjusting other parts of the transmission and suspension, and that runs not only into $$ but it also creates stresses that can become weak links to breakage if you don't know what you're doing and why. If you don't need the clearance for the tires, don't go overboard on the lift until you better understand the physics.



Besides, IMHO it's better to learn how to drive the trail, not the vehicle. If you rely too much on how built your Jeep is to get over obstacles, you can get yourself into more trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment