Thursday, January 19, 2012

Car needs front wheels, tires, tie rods, whatever those are?

My car is 11 years old and has 225000 miles, mechanic said I need front wheels, tires, tie rods, which would cost $1000.00. Obviously I don't want to put that much money into my car, so what do I do now.Car needs front wheels, tires, tie rods, whatever those are?
Tie rods are the easiest front end parts to change because they're easily accessible. Take the car to another shop and have them check the front end for play in the steering. If they say it's mainly a tie rod problem, get a written estimate for changing the tie rods and realigning the front end. The total job just for the tie rods and front end alignment should not cost more than $275
Buy a new one! even if you buy the same model car it will be cheeper in the long run mate.Car needs front wheels, tires, tie rods, whatever those are?
Tie rods are the things that give direction to the wheels. If the stretch than the car becomes unbalanced in corners and the wheel begins to shake. If I were you I'd get a younger model. I think you've probably used your car to the limit. And believe me you'll only start to change parts every 6 months from now on.
If it needs it spend it, only if you like the car should you sink money into it (225000 I'm guessing there high way miles) if not do it your self buy the parts at an after market store, and get the parts book for your car and see what it takes to change the tie-rods (find out if it's the up or lower set that needs changed).Car needs front wheels, tires, tie rods, whatever those are?
Get another opinion or two. Why would the WHEELS need to be replaced unless you hit a curb?



Sounds like someone is trying to soak you.

No comments:

Post a Comment