Saturday, January 14, 2012

If I get a 3 inch lift on my Jeep Cherokee, what size wheels and tires would I need to get?

A few other questions too...



1. Would it be better to get a 3 inch suspension lift or a 3 inch body lift?

2. I want to get wheels somewhere between 30''s and 35''s... What would be best with a 3 inch lift?

3. Depending on what size wheel I get, what size tires should I get?



If you have any more advice or anything else that you thing would be a good addition, please let me know :)



Thanks!!!If I get a 3 inch lift on my Jeep Cherokee, what size wheels and tires would I need to get?
I am running 33" tires on my Cherokee with a three inch lift. You will have to trim the fenders to make them work. I have run 35" tires but they did not work well - not enough room to stuff them.



You can run 31" tires with only minor trimming.



BTW- you can't do a body lift on a XJ.



See this post for my recommended lift: http://mikestrawbridge.com/blog/2009/03/鈥?/a>



Mike



http://thejeepguru.com
You can put any size of tyre on your lifted Jeep. The question should be what is the maximum size that will fit my 3" lift: the answer is 33".
Other question answers:
1. the best is to have a combination of both. 1" suspension and 2" body lift. The problem that the body lift takes a lot of work and hassle before it's installed unlike the suspension lift that is easy to install.
2. with the current lift you have you can put 33" tyres with no fear. Anything above that you should go for higher lift. For instance I lifted my jeep YJ 6" to get 35".
3. if you have already 3" lift I suggest, 33"x12.5" and 10" wheels. Those look awesome. but be careful to choose aluminum wheel not steel type or you're going to have a problems with rear axle and differentials.
You should also lower the transfer case to eliminate vibration. You should also extend the brake lines, the fuel lines in the back and also relocate your radiator.If I get a 3 inch lift on my Jeep Cherokee, what size wheels and tires would I need to get?
1.suspension lift is better than a body lift 2.33"s will be fine 3.you already answered you question
I believe you can run 33"s with a 3 inch lift on that vehicle. I think 35 inch tires will rub.If I get a 3 inch lift on my Jeep Cherokee, what size wheels and tires would I need to get?
just to be safe I run 32's on my Ramcharger. Upgrade your steering system
  • kauffman tire
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment