Thursday, January 19, 2012

What kind/size tires should I get with my 18" wheels?

I've been looking around and see that there is different sizes such as 275/45/18 and some are more expensive than others. I know that since the wheels are 18", the price of the tires is more expensive but I don't want to go broke on tires. It is also a staggered set-up. What size tire should I get? I do mostly daily driving and my car is a 1991 Nissan 300ZX lowered so I also have to consider how much space I will have before the tires rub. Thanks in advance.What kind/size tires should I get with my 18" wheels?
If you know the original size go to this site to find out:



http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTir鈥?/a>
If you have rims.

Don't you need low profile tires ..??



Haha Ima girl I dont know .What kind/size tires should I get with my 18" wheels?
How wide are the rims?



Stock tires were 225/50R16 (245/45R16 on the rear of the turbo).



Without increasing the tire diameter - you are looking at very low profile tires; like 245/35R18.
If you have your owners manual look in there and if you do not have it. Open your drivers side door and look inside of it. There should some thing that looks like a sticker and it will tell you on there.What kind/size tires should I get with my 18" wheels?
275/45R18 is fine... for trucks. The appropriate tire size for your application is 225/40R18 88Y, 88W or extra load 92Y or 92W at 32 psi instead of the stock 28 psi front and rear. Or you could try the less common 235/40R18 91W at 30 psi - either of these on no wider than an 8-inch wide wheel. Still no guarantee they won't rub - your results may vary - but these should be fine.



If you want to go crazy you might squeeze 245/40R18 93W's in there but the overall diameter of your tires will increase by about an inch over stock where the above tires keep it virtually the same as stock. Bigger diameter means more clearance problems and throwing off your odometer, speedometer and gearing.



If you want to go cheapish on the tires look for the BF Goodrich G-Force Sport, Firestone Firehawk Wideoval, Fuzion ZRi or the really cheap General Exclaim UHP. The Kuhmo Ecsta SPT is another good but cheap one as well. None of these of course can be used in cold weather or on snowy/icy roads.
stick with big-o, discount tire someone that is a chain store because they can give you a better deal. most people do not realize that tires with company logos on them like sears and discount are built to a different standard than the original tire manufacturer. they still meet ANSI standards but not as good a quality. they work fine and are easier on the budget plus they give you mileage warranty that most of those tires will not last up to so you get a credit with exchange. try to get a low pro tire for clearance. remember that the height is an aspect ratio to the width. will have to use a 35 or 40 series tire and depending on the width and offset of the rim will determine the width of the tire. if i recall correctly then you will need a 255 or 265. hope this gives a little help
Hancooks are a great brand. I have the Ventus Z rating on my 05 Accord and the lasted me 47,000 miles. Last week I bought a new set of them. No matter how hard I try they just keep on holding the road

No comments:

Post a Comment