Thursday, January 19, 2012

Can I put two 15 inch wheels on the back tires with 14 inch wheels on the front two tires?

I need new tires, and i have two 15inch wheels, so can i put two 15 inch wheels on the back to tires of my 2003 KIA Spectra GSX hatchback, 5 speed manual when the other front two tires are 14 inches(is the the standard size)?Can I put two 15 inch wheels on the back tires with 14 inch wheels on the front two tires?
Not sure if that is an all wheel drive vehicle or four wheel drive vehicle, if so that is NOT compatible. You will destroy the gearbox (which will cost thousands). If you are looking for performance, the front tires are a much better choice due to it being a fwd car. However, this will throw off your odometer and kill low end torque. Unless you have done major upgrades to the car, I would advise against offset sized wheels.Can I put two 15 inch wheels on the back tires with 14 inch wheels on the front two tires?
You can definately do that.



Go with a 185/65/14 tire for the front and 195/55/15 for the rear.



That way your overall diameter stays the same which is 23.4"



I do this for a living.Can I put two 15 inch wheels on the back tires with 14 inch wheels on the front two tires?
it will make the dimensions different

No comments:

Post a Comment