Saturday, January 14, 2012

Looking to buy wheels(rims and tires) for my 1998 Chevrolet Camaro, what's the best size?

I am heading to the rim shop in a few days but don't want to be completely uneducated. I want a lot of rim, low profile tires, but no tire rub. I also like the look where they extend out of the wheel wells a little bit, what do they call that? So, whats the biggest I can go, keeping the size of tires in mind, with no rub?Looking to buy wheels(rims and tires) for my 1998 Chevrolet Camaro, what's the best size?
17x9.5, with a 275/40/17 tire, is the most common choice. I personally love a ZR1 style wheel on the camaros. You can also run Z06 wheels, Y2K corvette wheels, plus there are several companys that have custom stuff. You can also run 17x9.5 up front and 17x11 out back. For the 11" wheel you would need to run a 315/35/17 tire and have a 50MM offset on the wheel.



Tomzwheels.com is a great place and great price to buy wheels for 93-02 camaros and transams.Looking to buy wheels(rims and tires) for my 1998 Chevrolet Camaro, what's the best size?
Get some 18's if you got a camaro.
  • jayco
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment