Thursday, January 19, 2012

Can I put 17" wheels/tires on my 06 Silverado which came with 20" wheels?

If the total diameter of the 17" wheel and tire is equal to the total diameter of the 20" wheel and tire will it mess up my computer-transmission interface? Can I get the computer change? Will this kill my warranty?Can I put 17" wheels/tires on my 06 Silverado which came with 20" wheels?
The 20-inch wheels are according to my sources a dealer installed option on the half-ton 06' Silverado. The OE size should be on the door placard on the drivers side door frame and is probably one of several 17-inch sizes. If so then yes, you can switch to 17's.



If its a 4x4 the OE size was probably P265/70R17 at 30 psi front and rear. If 4x2 then it might be P245/70R17 instead at 35 psi front and rear.



If your truck is a 3/4 or 1-ton then you need to use the appropriate LT-Metric tire size and inflation.



ASE Certified Automotive Service AdvisorCan I put 17" wheels/tires on my 06 Silverado which came with 20" wheels?
as long as the diameter of the tire is the same it will not change anything. it probley wont ride a good but it wont hurt anything.Can I put 17" wheels/tires on my 06 Silverado which came with 20" wheels?
yes u can change the wheeles .and not have to worry about the computer or warranty.the weeles don't bother that stuff

only thing that will effect the compputer or warranty is engine service or tranny other than the dealer
You have to remember that although its the same diameter, it has to clear the rotor diameter and clear the caliper. There wont be any change to the ecu whatsoever since your rotational circumference is still the same. technically going from a 17 inch to a 20 inch tire with the same diameter is known as plus sizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment